free web stats
Stonegate Mission to Africa: Celebrate Jesus in Musese!!!!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Celebrate Jesus in Musese!!!!

Today was one of those lifetime days. You know what I mean, lifetime days are days that memories are forever defined. When we arrived at the Musese church in Uganda the kids were all lined up and singing, dressed in their best clothes with those bright white smiles beaming on their faces. There were some joyfully tearful reunions especially as I was surprised by Enos, a friend I had made in 2004. He brought his infant son to me to show he was alive and healthy. He was definitely a healthy baby!
Mike Elkins enouraged the men and womens bible class with a message on the nature of God’s love. David Bledsoe taught the children some new songs that declare and stand on God’s promises in prayer. I think David learned a new song in Lugandan and picked up a few new moves too.
I was blessed with the opportunity to preach on God’s love, what it looks like, and how He has manifested His love in my life. There was lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of singing and praising God. We broke bread together after the service and then we had a time of joyous and very spirited praise. Pastor Tony and the Musese church prayed over us as we will continue our mission on to Sudan on Tuesday. I thought it may be easier to say goodbye the second time to these beautiful people, God’s church, but my heart ached a bit. The church is healthy and active. They send their love, prayers, and blessings to Stonegate and especially to those who came in 2004 and shared the love of Christ, footing the path across the African countryside side by side with them.

1 Comments:

Blogger pastorob said...

This video is great. I love that little girl clapping with such heart near the opening.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home